Davis-Area Sites Built on Plone
Here's a sampling of regional web sites built using Plone -- and a few interesting sites using Zope.
- Davis Community Calendar
- A Zope/MySQL-based calendar that pools individual calendars from
- Davis Community Network
- DCN uses Zope and Plone as primary tools for building community
- Davis Community Television
- and Davis Media Access.
- Davis High School PTA
- One of the town's largest and busiest organizations uses Plone to
organize an avalanche of information.
- Davis' Low Power FM Radio Station. Planning on deploying Plone
media tools soon.
- Several Davis-area non-profit web sites operating in a single Plone
install using Plone Mini Portals.
- Yolo Clerk-Recorder
- The Yolo Clerk/Recorder's Zope-based site includes searchable
databases with well over a million records, updated daily.
- Yolo Elections Office
- Among the first in the state to put timely election results on the
web. Now, the elections office uses Zope as its key web
- Rumsey Rancheria
- The Rumsey Tribe of Wintun Indians uses Plone for its six
governmental web sites. These sites prove that Plone sites don't have
to look Plonish.
- United Auburn Indian Community
- Web site for the Auburn Rancheria, located in the Sierra Nevada
foothills near Auburn, California.
- Associated Students of the University of California, Davis
- Undergraduate student government including Unitrans, the Coffee House, and the Community Housing Listing.
- Campus Center for the Environment
- An inter-group collaboration knowledge-sharing site.
- Center for Mind and Brain
- A research and training unit dedicated to understanding the nature
of the human mind from interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Center for
the Study of Human Rights in the Americas
- Computational Science and Engineering
- The Center for Computational Science and Engineering is part of a new transdisciplinary initiatives on the University of California, Davis, campus. Computational Science and Engineering is a rapidly developing area with particularly strong connections to the sciences, engineering, and mathematics.
- Computational Structural Biology
- Food Science & Technology
- The web site for UCD's internationally recognized Food Science and Technology Department.
- Graduate Student
- Longview Institute
- A progressive think tank with several UC Davis and Berkeley scholars.
- Music Department
- UCD's Department of Sociology developed a model Plone skin for use
by UCD sites.
- The Sustainable Transportation Energy Pathways (STEPS) Program at
the UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS-Davis) is a
leading contributor to industry, government and public understanding on
the comparison of alternative fuel pathways.
- Davis Downtown Business Association
- The DDBA's categorized, searchable list of downtown business is an
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- The CPMA web site includes a searchable database of California podiatrists, a public library of information on feet and an extensive member-only area.
- N-Street Cohousing Community
- One of the nation's oldest cohousing communities uses Plone to
communicate the present and remember the past.
- Sacramento Section Younger Member Forum of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- SacYMF uses their Plone site to keep members up-to-date on events,
news and training.
- Delta of Venus
- A local cafe that uses Plone for their website, including the